Equipment and Facility Engineer
Enduro Composites, a world-class manufacturer of engineered fiberglass composites (FRP) products and solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Equipment & Facility Engineer. Positioned as the quality and service leader in FRP building components, cable management and water/wastewater treatment solutions, Enduro is experiencing growth in core industrial and growing infrastructure markets. We are proactively building our team of people and systems to handle it. If you are a team player who is looking for an exciting environment, filled with challenges and the opportunity to gain rapid exposure to the inner workings of a growing, global company, this may be a position for you.
Reports to: Director - Manufacturing
Location: Houston, TX (Corporate headquarters)
Position’s Duties & Responsibilities Overview:
To be successful in this role, the Equipment & Facility Engineer will be charged with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for upgrading and maintaining existing equipment and facilities for Enduro Composites, Inc.
- Liaison between Manufacturing and Design Engineering for successful product design and efficient production.
- Review and optimize facility layout and workflow design for optimal plant efficiency and improved safety.
- Manage existing ROI analysis and develop new ROI analysis on capital projects.
- Evaluate and implement process improvements for reduction of production cycle time, product costs and improved product quality.
- Provide technical support to Sales & Marketing and other departments when required.
- Develop, evaluate, implement, improve, and document manufacturing processes and work instructions.
- Develop/audit ISO procedures and work instruction for Engineering and plant operations.
- Develop and provide technical instruction, and training for operators
- Enforce compliance with all company safety rules, procedures and OSHA regulations including but not limited to Lockout/Tagout, Hot Work, Arc Flash, and PPE.
- The practice of good housekeeping in all areas of direct responsibility using LEAN and 5S principles.
- Travel required as needed
- Various other duties relating to this role
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering preferred). Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with manufacturing processes with proven implementation history in a manufacturing environment -OR- 10 years industrial experience with 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience with the following systems or software: Vault, AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Project, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced PLC troubleshooting/programming skills a plus
- Advanced understanding of HVAC, hydraulics, and compressed air
- Must possess effective communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects of various magnitudes simultaneously.
- Thorough understanding of ergonomics and applicable industry standards
- Experience composite or plastic processes including lamination, BM injection molding, filament winding, Pultrusion and hand lay-up work experience preferred, but not required.
A solid compensation program with full benefits will be offered. To be considered, please email your resume to: Troy Smith: TSmith@endurocomposites.com
All responses held in confidence.